Students of the new era are leading a super busy life. With busy college schedules to late night parties; it is very strenuous for them to get sound sleep. Lack of good sleep results in declining health and added stress levels. The whole day spends like you haven’t slept at all and restlessness and drowsiness drools into the body and mind. As such, no productive outcome is achieved.
Hence, it is vital to get a full-night’s slumber of around 7-8 hours each day to keep afresh. Let us present the young minds with a few tips to help them get sound sleep:
- Keep your room dark: A dark room shall bring in peace and a perfect setting to fall asleep easily. If there is some light source; our brain remains partially active and this hinders our normal sleep. Research has revealed that those who sleep in darkened rooms tend to wake up to a fresher morning.
- Cool your room: heated up or warmer environments tend to induce less sleep and hence, it is recommended to adjust your room temperature to jell with your capacity. An ideal temperature shall induce sleep faster than expected and you shall be into your dreamland in no moments.
- Read or listen soft music to bed: it is found that reading your favourite novel or listening to soft, soothing music shall help sleep better and faster. These are found to have relaxing effects on the mind and help it surrender to the hectic day.
- Lavender or Eucalyptus might help: these plants with certain medicinal values have been known to induce sleep when sniffed slightly just before bed. Our brain nerves get relaxed by their fragrance and one shall have a deep, undisturbed slumber.
- Drink something warm: heat relaxes our muscles and nerves and thus, helps to bring in better sleep once you hit the pillow. A warm milk or water might do the trick well!
Image Source : askdrernst.com